This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
April Learn how and when to remove this template message. Dewey Decimal. Archived from the original on 27 September Retrieved 1 December Archived from the original on 29 September The New York Times.
Retrieved 7 April Retrieved 4 January Hindustan Times. Retrieved 15 March Mumbai Mirror.
Retrieved 18 April Hidden categories: Pages with citations lacking titles Pages with citations having bare URLs EngvarB from September Use dmy dates from September Articles lacking in-text citations from April All articles lacking in-text citations. Namespaces Article Talk.
Views Read Edit View history. It is a place where people lack the glory and sublimity of human imagination and soul. They are isolated whether they are in large social gatherings, air-conditioned rooms or airless dark rooms. A silence occupies their souls even when they are busy in social interaction or expressing love or making business deals. They are cold from inside whether they are making love, communicating with friends or socializing.
Moth Smoke by Mohsin Hamid
Being alone, silent and cold signifies spiritual death. They are like decaying corpses and stench clings with them. Daru, the protagonist admits, "the smell stays with me It clings even after I shower.
- Navigating Technomedia: Caught in the Web (New Social Formations).
- Chloe Babineaux Private Investigator.
- Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Countries: Comparative Trade and Economic Analysis;
- His Devious Angel (Angels with Attitudes Book 2);
- KIRKUS REVIEW?
- Computer Network Security and Cyber Ethics, 2d edition.
- He Makes Me Smile (Seeking Heart Teen Series Book 10).
Even after I dump my clothes in a tub of soapy water. It clings to me" Hamid They desperately attempt to stave off their spiritual and emotional death and regenerate their human selves through drugs, sex, and other material luxuries but to no avail.
- Moth Smoke by Mohsin Hamid - Reading Guide: - taclaficomet.tk: Books.
- Hawaiis Past in a World of Pacific islands (SAA Contemporary Perspectives).
- Prophet for Today: Contemporary Lessons of the Book of Yehoshua.
- Book review: Mohsin Hamid's 'Moth Smoke'!
- Strange love in Lahore - Society & The Arts News - Issue Date: May 1, .
- London Under Attack: From Caesar to Hitler;
- Die Kuba-Krise 1962 (German Edition).
It is a story of people who are like the wastelanders in Eliot's The Waste Land. They are struggling to enjoy the bliss of love and to attain contentment in family life but fall prey to sex which ends merely in exhaustion, sickness and discontentment. The environment related studies on Lahore, as for example an ambient air quality study carried out by Pakistan Environmental Agency and Japan International Cooperation Agency, show that the average suspended particulate matter in Pakistan's big cities like Lahore, Rawalpindi, and Islamabad is 6.
Moshin Hamid’s ‘Moth Smoke’
As a result of air pollution about 1, people die each year in Lahore and a large number are suffering from serious health hazards especially diseases related to eyes, respiratory system, heart, skin, and brain Ali We do not find any reference in the novel that any group of people whether rich or poor is concerned with the decay of nature around them or the ecosystem they are living in.
There is no reference to any establishment to investigate environment related issues. There is no attempt on the part of people or government to create awareness about the damage people are causing to environment and are becoming the victims of this damaged ecosystem.